tractor and disc

tractor and disc

Friday, January 14, 2011

Secluded Plot in Macon County Tennessee






This was an interesting trip to do a food plot, as I had not been to Macon co. before.   As I followed the owner into his farm, there were acres and acres of tobaccco that had been harvested, along with thousands of pumpkins.  This was some truly unique country!   The first plot that we broke ground on was actually in Tennessee and Kentucky.    A fence row seperated the the two states and I thought that was pretty unique!  We sowed the Hoopers fall mix of Winter Wheat, Oats and Winter Peas on his plots and we looked at working some new ground next spring with some summer annuals.     Notice how big this tobbaco barn is, there are five more just like it, one behind the other. 

2 comments:

  1. what a cool blog! thanks for including great pix. is this something you
    do for hire, i assume? thanks, brett (papabeav@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Brett it is. I always loved Farming on a small scale snd this allows me to do what I enjoy and provide a service to other outdoorsmen and women. Thanks for stopping in.
    Justin

    ReplyDelete